KINDRID PARKER, Filmmaker
San Francisco CA, 94103 / email@example.com / (415) 678-9107
SUMMARY & SKILLS
I am a film producer/director who loves all stages and roles of production. I am great at seeing a project through from script to screen, serving the vision, and staying on budget. When I am not directing my own films, I enjoy contributing to other people's projects as an assistant director. I am also comfortable in both camera and sound departments. I have 7 years of experience shooting and editing videos of all genres, including narrative films, documentaries, shorts, advertising, music videos, etc., and I have run my own production company since 2010.
Production Skills: Pre-production: screenwriting, casting, scheduling & budgeting. Production: directing, camera & videography, lighting & sound. Post: editing, sound design, color-correction, after effects, etc.
Software: Final Cut Pro, Adobe CS6 Creative Suite: Premiere Pro, Soundtrack Pro, After Effects, Pro Tools. Microsoft Office Suite.
Equipment: Canon 5D Mark III with complete set of lenses, sound package with Sanken shotgun mic and H4n zoom recorder, tungsten and Kinoflo lighting kits, etc.. Last Wave Film
Studio: I have a shooting studio in downtown San Francisco.
Last Wave Film,San Francisco, CA. 2007 – Current
I founded Last Wave Film in 2007. We are a tight crew of friends & fellow filmmakers who create our personal films, but also put our skills to use collaborating on corporate & commercial videos.
Shelton Studios, San Francisco, CA. 3/2009 – Current
I conceive and teach Film Acting and Film Production classes.
I write scripts for acting students and direct films in collaboration with production students.
Studio B, Berkeley, CA. 8/2010 – 12/2010
Edited documentary, commercial, and corporate content for clients including Adobe Solutions and Gap.
San Francisco Film Society, San Francisco, CA. 1/2010 – 08/2010
Administrative/Production Intern in the Education Department.
Shot and documented the 53rd International Film Festival. Shot and edited documentary material on the SFFS Filmmaker Education department.
Maintained relations with students and prospects through newsletters and updates to the mailing list.
- Lab Aid, Equipment Manager in the Issue Room.
- Maintained and issued 16mm and video equipment, maintained and upgraded editing labs.
- Administered tutorials, counseled students, and contributed to a thriving, diverse, and progressive learning environment.
- Teaching assistant for Directing Motion Pictures and Advanced Cinematography & Lighting Classes.
Act III, Scene 1 (2010) – Director.
- Act III, Scene 1 is a modern reworking of William Shakespeare’s Hamlet. It abstracts, embellishes, and condenses original elements of Hamlet, studying current domestic conditions by exploring dynamics between Prince Hamlet and Lady Ophelia. B&W HD. 25 minutes.
- Awarded Best Cinematography at the 10th City Shorts Festival (2010).
- Directed, produced, written for the screen, and edited.
You Have To Understand This Hurts Us Too (2008) – Director.
- You Have To Understand This Hurts Us Too documents and attempts to understand the creative process of a collage artist, synthesizing his arrangement of still images with the “moving” images of intervolometer photography. B&W & Color 16mm reversal film. 5 minutes.
- Selected as part of the Berkeley Art Museum/Pacific Film Archive Experimental Film Festival (2009).
- Directed, shot, edited. IMDb credited.
Attachment Disorder (2008) – Writer/Director.
- Attachment Disorder is a surrealistic opus about a troubled man who wakes to find himself handcuffed and lost in a purgatory constructed of his own unresolved psychic detritus. B&W & Color DV. 27 minutes.
- Directed, produced, written, edited. IMDb credited.
OTHER SET EXPERIENCE
- Fido’s Fat Farm (Reality TV Pilot), 2010 – Production Sound Recordist.
- The Final Duel by Derek Dabkoski (Short Film), 2010 – Assistant Director.
- Warnings From the Bathtub, by Elisabeth Appell, with Karen Black (Feature Film), 2010 – Production Sound.
- Zero, by Maria Karpoukhina (Short Film), 2010 – Assistant Director.
- The Curse of the McGuirks, by Kate Hupp (Documentary), In Post-Production – Assistant Director.
- Easy Made Hard, by Elizibeth Appell (Short Film) 2009 – Production Sound Recordist.
- The Forest, by Ben Gilbert (Short Film) 2008 – Assistant Director.